[kde-linux] Spam filtering and replying

John Meyer john.l.meyer at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 14:20:41 UTC 2007

Sylviane et Perry White wrote:
> As an example there is barely a month where paedophilia on the internet
> doesn't make some headlines, and it appears they are even able catch people
> just for downloading that material. So why is'nt it possible to purchase
> spammers the same way? I haven't met  paedophilia on the net yet (not
  searching for it)  but have received many thousands of spams.

This may be slightly off topic, but those specials you see where Chris
Hansen gets to act like a self-important beast of burden are very
skewed.  What they don't tell people is where they actually meet these
guys.  On chat rooms, some of them, but a lot they also meet on IRC,
which in my min is the equivalent of trolling a steak in wolf country.
Of course your going to bring them in there!
To end this back on topic, GMail catches pretty much 90 percent of all
spam, Thunderbird takes care of about 80 percent of the rest, and since
I run Thunderbird without downloading images automatically.  The rest, I
can delete.