[kde-linux] Lost Alt+F2 binding to run application

Boyan Tabakov blade.alslayer at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 13:38:30 UTC 2007

On 10.3.2007 15:31:16 John Meyer wrote:
> I don't know how I did it, I just jumped into GNOME for a few minutes,
> installed GF effects (by the way, they freaking rock!), and now Alt+F2
> doesn't work the way it used to.  How do I rebind that to the "run
> application" box?

That is because when using Xgl, the default window manager for KDE - kwin - is
replaced with compiz or beryl. The Alt+F2 shortcut may not be functional
there. If you are using compiz-manager (comes with the latest compiz version
from the SuSE repository - I am not sure if it is available for other
distros), you can set shortcuts there. I am using another shortcut for Run -
the Win+R and it is still working with Xgl, maybe because it is not used by
compiz/beryl.

--
Blade hails you...

Blessed with the Deep