[kde-linux] Konqueror Download Resume Feature

Frank K frankk at oregoncoast.com
Mon Jun 18 04:42:16 UTC 2007

Dale wrote:
> Frank K wrote:
>
>> Hello List,
>> Did I break the download resume feature with flashplayer9 plugin?
>> Download now only overwrites the partial file in a PDF "save link as"
>> operation. Is there a setup for this feature? This is an invaluable
>> feature for dial-up users!
>> Previously Konqueror would allow a "Resume" option if a download
>> detected a .part extension with the same name as the downloading file.
>> Frank K

> I use Kget myself.  It works well and has the resume feature.  Another
> dial-up user I am afraid.  :-(
>
> Dale
>
> :-)  :-)  :-)

Thanks for the response Dale,
I will have to experiment with Kget.
Later I discovered there are two menus associated with a Konqueror PDF
download: an "open" menu and a "copying" menu. The open menu results
from a left click on the PDF file and has the choices "Save as" and
"Open with". Save as from the open menu brings up an intermediate menu
with the resume option. The copying menu follows. Alternately right
clicking on the PDF file, then choosing "save link as" bypasses the
intermediate menu and goes directly to the copying menu which overwrites.
Frank K