[kde-linux] [Kde-pim] Kmail and M$ Exchange

Bas Grolleman tools at barneveld.org
Tue Jun 12 07:48:03 UTC 2007

I'm using kmail with exchange on the moment, but it depends a bit on how much
you want.

Just mail is easy, since exchange has imap support you can just use that ( I
would recommend the detached imap mode )

Getting information from the contact list is  a bit trickier, but LDAP seems
to work fine here. It has a few quirks

1. username should be your full name and not your Active Directory Login
2. DN should be your DC=<domainname> ( if you have a domainname with . in it
you need to split it up with multiple DC=<domain>,DC=<extension> )

I didn't find a good solution for calendar yet, so on the moment I just click
the link to visit the web interface and add appointments manually.

On Monday 11 June 2007 20:54:53 Kevin Kempter wrote:
> Can anyone point me to a guide, or send me directions on how to get Kmail
> to work with an exchange server?
>
> Thanks in advance

Bas Grolleman | eMendo-IT | +31 (0)6-53310855