[kde-linux] left handed mouse

Hellmut Weber mail at hellmutweber.de
Wed Jun 6 08:20:14 UTC 2007

Hi,
sorry I forgot:
IBM Lenovo T60
gentoo-Linux, kde-3.5.7

>> since at least kde-3.5.4 I can switch the mouse setting to left handed,
>> kcontrol shows the correct graphic, BUT the behaviour of the mouse is
>> still right handed.

> This topic has come up on several user forums. The solutions -- or rather
> partial solutions -- may well be distro-specific, so it's possible thatthey
> don't apply to you. (You could have mentioned your distro and told us
> something about your hardware.) But have a look at, for instance:
> <http://www.pclinuxos.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=58&topic=22471.0>
Thanks for this hint ;-)

It doesn't work for me ,-(

I have 3 InputDevice Sections for mice:
   Identifier  "Serial Mouse"
   Identifier  "PS/2 Mouse"
   Identifier  "USB Mouse"
all 3 with driver " mouse"

Being away from home i exclusively use the trackpoint. (I disabled the
touchpad in BIOS.)
In each of the 3 sections commenting out the "SendCoreEvents" does not
have any effect on the handedness of the mouse.

OTOH
Commenting out the line ' InputDevice    "USB Mouse" "AlwaysCore" '
not only freezes the mouse but also stops the enter key working.

Cheers

Hellmut

Dr. Hellmut Weber         mail at hellmutweber.de
Degenfeldstraße 2         tel   +49-89-3081172
D-80803 München-Schwabing mobil +49-172-8450321
please: No DOCs, no PPTs. why: tinyurl.com/cbgq