[kde-linux] Connecting to a samba share at startup

Boyan Tabakov blade.alslayer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 11:40:11 UTC 2007

On Monday 30 July 2007 14:22:50 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 30 Jul 2007, Werner Joss wrote:
> > > How can I ensure that I connect to my home directory on a server, when
> > > I log
> > > in to a session?
> >
> > Anne,
> > you could create a shellscript in your ~/.kde/env directory, e.g.
> > smbmount.sh,
> > which mounts the samba share via smbmount command.
> > scripts in ~/.kde/env are executed automatically at login.
>
> Yes, of course.  I should have remembered that.   Could you give me an
> example of the syntax for passing username and password?  I've little
> experience of shellscripts, and none for this kind of job.  Thanks
>
> Anne

Hi,

Better use mount (it will call smbmount):

mount -t smbfs -o username=myname password=mypass //service/path /mount/point

If you would like to mount the samba share on boot, you could add a fstab
entry for it too:

//service/path	/mount/point	smbfs	username=myname,password=mypass	0 0

Best regards.

--
Blade hails you...

Put a stake through my heart