[kde-linux] Anyway to have KDE hide mouse pointer when keyboard

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Jul 28 09:48:26 UTC 2007

Peter Wiersig wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 at 10:25:57AM -0400, Steve O'Neill wrote:
>> Running unclutter at boot time may also fix the
>> problem you're having with multiple desktops.
>
> running unclutter on boot will probably not work. Most X
> applications will have to be started from within a running
> session.
>
> Try putting a .desktop link in ~/.kde/Autostart (Konqi:
> Go->Autostart), david.

Thanks, I'll try that. I'd already tried running unclutter from a
command line (I have my laptop boot to a text login, not using a GUI
login manager) and it wouldn't run since X wasn't running.

[Added note after setting up a link to unclutter in my Autostart folder]

Well, that doesn't seem to be working. No, there it goes - and it works
on my other Debian desktops.

I was using the unclutter option to have it not hide the pointer until a
keystroke is pressed and released. Their man page mentions it but says
it might not work. I can confirm that on my set up, that option doesn't
work!

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com