[kde-linux] Anyway to have KDE hide mouse pointer when keyboard

Steve O'Neill soneill at netaxs.com
Fri Jul 27 14:25:57 UTC 2007

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007, david wrote:

	...(stuff deleted)

> >> Thank you, I just installed it and it works just fine.
> >
> > Except for one minor thing - I have no idea how long it's supposed to
> > consider the pointer "inactive" and make it hide. The pointer hasn't
> > been moved for about 10 minutes now, but it still hasn't been hidden ...
>
> Ah, I see. It's a command line program that you have to run each time -
> guess I better learn how to make such a thing run on startup ... Also, I
> use Debian's multiple desktops feature, and unclutter by default only
> seems to effect the pointer on the desktop that was active when I ran
> unclutter. Another thing to puzzle out from the usual man page ...

I believe Debian, like many other distros, uses a file called /etc/rc.local
to allow you to put in your own set of programs to be started at init time. I
haven't used Debian for a while, so it may have a slightly different name.
Whatever it's called, it always has the function of letting run start-up
programs of your choice.  Running unclutter at boot time may also fix the
problem you're having with multiple desktops.

S.