[kde-linux] Anyway to have KDE hide mouse pointer when keyboard in use?

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Jul 27 08:44:37 UTC 2007

david wrote:
>> dick wrote:

>>> In Debian, at least, there is a package called unclutter that does this.
>>> I don't believe it's part of KDE though.
>> Thank you, I just installed it and it works just fine.
>
> Except for one minor thing - I have no idea how long it's supposed to
> consider the pointer "inactive" and make it hide. The pointer hasn't
> been moved for about 10 minutes now, but it still hasn't been hidden ...

Ah, I see. It's a command line program that you have to run each time -
guess I better learn how to make such a thing run on startup ... Also, I
use Debian's multiple desktops feature, and unclutter by default only
seems to effect the pointer on the desktop that was active when I ran
unclutter. Another thing to puzzle out from the usual man page ...

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community