[kde-linux] Anyway to have KDE hide mouse pointer when keyboard in use?

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Jul 27 08:00:54 UTC 2007

dick wrote:
> James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>> Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
>>> On Thursday 26 July 2007, James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj at acm.org> wrote
>>> about 'Re: [kde-linux] Anyway to have KDE hide mouse pointer when keyboard
>>> in	use?':
>>> Well, konsole is smart enough to hide mouse cursors that are over it while
>>> you are typing into it.  (So, what the OP wants is most likely possible.)
>>> However, if you move keyboard focus off the main widget (e.g. into the
>>> toolbar) the mouse pointer comes back.
>> Konsole is an Xterm clone and it emulates text mode.  Note that it has a
>> text mode mouse pointer which and only be used for limited purposes.
>>
>> The question here is whether KWin can do what you want which is to
>> change the mouse pointer to a transparent blank when it hasn't been used
>> for a certain length of time.
>>
> In Debian, at least, there is a package called unclutter that does this.
> I don't believe it's part of KDE though.

Thank you, I just installed it and it works just fine.

Another thing I noticed is that there's a setting in Control Center that
controls whether or not the system highlights menu items that are under
the mouse. I'm going to see how unclutter works before I tweak that - I
like having menu items highlight.

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com