[kde-linux] kde and wireless

Andrew Walbran qwandor at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 20:32:14 UTC 2007

On Sunday 15 July 2007 10:54 am, Charlie Bradley wrote:
> I am having big problems with wireless connections in KDE.  I just got a
> laptop from Linuxcertified with preinstalled Ubuntu.  I then installed
> kubuntu on another partition which shares the /home.
Why have two separate installations? You can install Kubuntu on an existing
Ubuntu installation by installing the kubuntu-desktop package, and then
choose when you login whether to run KDE or GNOME.

> When I boot into
> Ubuntu(gnome) the wireles connects right off the bat!  Kubuntu did the same
> until I upgraded the system and ran automatix2. So then I installed
> kwifimanager and that worked couple of times.  Now when I use kwifi to
> coonect to the network I still have diddle with the network settings
> because it doesn't grab the IP address!  This is really frustrating.
Have you tried using knetworkmanager instead? It tends to work better, at
least in my experience. It is also installed by default with Kubuntu.

--
Andrew Walbran
website: http://q.geek.nz/