[kde-linux] Network Card not starting.

Boyan Tabakov blade.alslayer at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 06:16:09 UTC 2007

On Thursday 12 July 2007 21:18:46 Gaffer. wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I don't know if this is a kde issue or a SuSE one !  Probably a SuSE
> issue!   Clean install of 10.2.
>
> Knetwork manager will not start the network card (tulip driver) if it
> is not running.  If it is running, it won't stop the card!
>
> If the card doesn't start on boot, you have to go through "YAST" and
> click through the settings, without changing anything, to force the
> network to start.
>
> Thanks.

Hi,

See if networkmanager daemon is running (note that there is no 'k' at the
beginning).

Do you really need to use the networkmanager to set your network? Are you
often changing configurations?

If not, try to set the card using the "classic" method. This should be offered
to you when you enter the setup module in yast.

Best regards.

--
Blade hails you...

Think of me long enough to make a memory
Come bless the child one more time
                             --Nightwish