[kde-linux] KDE +hal: "unable to eject" message with USB sticks

Gaffer. derrick_s at tesco.net
Thu Jul 12 18:10:19 UTC 2007

On Thursday 12 July 2007 06:01, Norberto Bensa inscribed thus:
> Jens Stroebel wrote:
> > I'm using kde-3.5.7 here; after updating from a previous version
> > to this one, I had to realize that an umount of USB sticks (via
> > the dektop icon) nowadays spawns a window (and creating a
> > glass-break-sound) and complains that it has successfully
> > umounted but couldn't eject the USB stick.
>
> Me too.

I too get this behaviour on my Dell Laptop.  I have just upgraded from
SuSE 10.0 to 10.2   Its the same on a clients desktop machine from a
clean install of SuSE 10.2

I also have another issue but I'll put it in a separate post.

--
Best Regards:
             Derrick.