[kde-linux] Exporting mails from kmail

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu Jul 5 23:28:32 UTC 2007

On Thursday 05 July 2007, Peter Humphrey wrote:

> I require my mail directories, among others, to live on a separate
> partition, which I mount on whichever system I've booted. Kmail will not
> allow me this flexibility - evidently it knows better than I do.

Actually it should do.
What distribution are you using (assuming you use binary packages)?
Which version of KMail/KDE is it?

> I also want a program that doesn't screw up the thread structure when
> someone uses a Web mail program to write their replies, instead of an
> e-mail client. The current version of kmail is woefully bad in this
> respect.

This is strange. Can you check whether the web mail software keeps the proper
references intact. Some clients unfortunately do not support mail threading
and destroy the reply references. Though I never heard of a web mail
interface doing so.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring