[kde-linux] Exporting mails from kmail

Esben Mose Hansen kde at mosehansen.dk
Thu Jul 5 18:26:04 UTC 2007

On Thursday 05 July 2007 20:16:32 david wrote:

> How many other mail clients can import mail from KMail? What that
> suggests to me is the KMail is intended to be an email black hole - you
> can put your mail is but you can't get it out - just another form of
> vendor lock-in, to me.

I'm no expert, but it looks as if KMail uses maildir to me... am I wrong?
Maildir and mbox is the defacto standards for mails as far as I know.

(I havn't followed this discussion. But for all that is good and furry, there
are enough mailclients out there that one of them should make you happy :) )

--
kind regards, Esben

believed to be clean.