[kde-linux] What's "skim"?

Philipp Paul bobbor.pap at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 5 08:49:59 UTC 2007

i while ago i played around a little and i came to play with scim..
as far as i have used it, it's for writing asian characters.. i guess
especially japanese...
so, since it's common in Japan to use 3 different charakter-sets (hiragana,
katakana, kanji) plus the latin one, it makes it possible to switch between
these sets, while writing some jap. text.. (of course as far as your able to)

and an "input method" is the method of writing characters, that are non
latin "A to Z" chars, like the japanese "ka" or the greek "phi"...

the world got a lot of interessting and fascinating languages plus their
alphabets to offer and input methods give you the possibility to use them
all..

hope that helped