[kde-linux] Sessions names

wireless wireless at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Jan 16 19:52:21 UTC 2007

> Sorry for that - should have quoted the names correctly.
> So you have Name, Execute and Directory fields. The Name is what will appear
> as an id on the tab. The Execute is the command. It should look like
> something like:
>
> ssh <user>@<host or ip>
>
> The properties to the right should be fine with the default values.
>
> Save/Apply.
>
> Now you can start your session by selecting Session -> <The Name that you
> entered> from the Konsole menu.

Hey,

That actually works!

However, I have to develop this extensive list or can I just do
something that uses a singular file? regular expressions?

Specifically, I have in this dir:
~/.kde3.5/share/apps/konsole/
and a separate file for each entry, I'll have hundreds of files

Example: cat 192.168.2.80.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
Cwd=
Exec=ssh -l  admin 192.168.2.80
Font=
Icon=konsole
KeyTab=
Name=192.168.2.67
Schema=Linux.schema
Term=linux
Type=KonsoleApplication

Any way I could have a single for a entire
class C address? 192.168.2.*   ???

if not can I use a script to generate all the
entries?

last, I had use this exact string:
ssh -l  admin 192.168.2.80

but what if I just wanted to:
ssh 192.168.2.80 <as default user>   ???

I'm not trying to be a pain, it's just I spend all day long
sshing into targets and routers and other embedded devices
and then the next day I do it all over again at another
customer site.......

James