[kde-linux] Sessions names

wireless wireless at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Jan 16 12:36:03 UTC 2007

Hello One and all,

I've racked my little brain and googled my fingers off but
I cannot seem to find a solution for a problem I have.

I have lots of embedded targets, often with no host name.
I telnet or ssh into them  quite often. Is there any way
to automatically change the session name to the ip address
of the target (which is sometime an embedded linux system)
but not always? That way with dozens of open connections,
I can look across the bottom of Kconsole and see the ip addresses
of the various (open) shell sessions.

Maybe a script that looks that the datagram header (tcp/udp)
parses out the ip address and auto-magically renames the session
tab?

Thoughts and ideas are most welcome.

wireless <> tampabay rr com

James