[kde-linux] event-handling in kdebase

David Jarvie lists at astrojar.org.uk
Fri Feb 23 16:47:44 UTC 2007

On Thursday 22 Feb 2007 16:56, suneel kommuru wrote:
>Hello,
>    I am trying to log the event details such as mouse
>clicks,keys pressed etc to a file. For that i inserted
>some code in 'kdebase-3.4.0' files.
>These are the files:
>kdebase-3.4.0/kdm/kfrontend/kgapp.cpp
>kdebase-3.4.0/kdm/kfrontend/themer/kdmthemer.cpp
>
>I successfully compiled and installed the kdebase
>using make and make install. But the events are not
>logging and even the log file is also not created. I
>did not understand where the problem is?

Did you install your compiled kdebase into the same directory
as your existing KDE installation, i.e. did it overwrite your
kdebase package files? If not, you need to use a parameter
to ./configure of --prefix=/opt/kde (or whatever your KDE
installation directory is). If you did install it in the correct
place, perhaps it's a coding error?

--
David Jarvie.