[kde-linux] event-handling in kdebase

suneel kommuru kommuru_suneel at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 22 16:56:48 UTC 2007

Hello,
    I am trying to log the event details such as mouse
clicks,keys pressed etc to a file. For that i inserted
some code in 'kdebase-3.4.0' files.
These are the files:
kdebase-3.4.0/kdm/kfrontend/kgapp.cpp
kdebase-3.4.0/kdm/kfrontend/themer/kdmthemer.cpp

I successfully compiled and installed the kdebase
using make and make install. But the events are not
logging and even the log file is also not created. I
did not understand where the problem is?

  Any extra steps are required to install the freshly
compiled kdebase? or any configuration files have to
be  changed? Please help me in solving the problem.

          Thanks and regards,
            suneel.