[kde-linux] KDE + Time Zones + Daylight-saving-time

Alain M. alainm at pobox.com
Wed Feb 21 13:56:36 UTC 2007

How do I configure KDE to obey the *operating system*'s time?

In KDE all my machines' time are off by one hour.

KDE simply is not obeying /etc/localtime which I configured for
Daylight-Saving to end in february,25. Somehow KDE believes that it has
already ended, which I have to say is completely unpredictable in Brazil.

If I open a Terminal, the DATE command shows the correct time and
identifies it as "BRDT" which is what I configured in /etc/localtime.

As a last resort, how do I configure KDE's time-zone and daylight saving
time. I believe that there should be only one such configuration... If I
set the correct time now (which I had to do) next week it will go wrong
again because of the "correct" time change...

Please help, I am using Mandriva2007 with KDE 3.5.4

thanks, in advance,
Alain