[kde-linux] kdebase compilation problem

suneel kommuru kommuru_suneel at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 16 18:06:05 UTC 2007

Hello,
    I have downloaded the kdebase-3.4.0.tar.bz2 file.
I extracted it and configured. But when i am trying to
compile it using "make" it is giving the following
errors.
favicons.cpp:269: error: visibility arg must be one of
"default", "hidden", "protected" or "internal"
make[3]: *** [favicons.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/root/kdebase-3.4.0/libkonq/favicons'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/root/kdebase-3.4.0/libkonq'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/kdebase-3.4.0'
make: *** [all] Error 2

how to rectify this error?
can we compile a kdebase package individually? or any
dependencies are required?

can we change some of code in that kdebase and compile
the package?
I am using Fedoracore 3 linux. Please help me in
fixing the error.

                Thanks and regards,
                  suneel.