[kde-linux] hello

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sat Feb 10 13:00:34 UTC 2007

Hi Suneel,

On Saturday 10 February 2007 07:47, suneel kommuru wrote:
> hello everybody,
>        I am suneel. I am a research student. As part
> of my research work i have to work with the KDE. so i
> want to know some information.
>
> This is my Requirement:

> I read the online book "KDE develepment 2.0"- by sweet
> .
> I understood how the events are handled for a custom
> created application. But i didnt understand how these
> are actually handled in a current working
> desktop(KDE).

All parts of the KDE desktop are applications themselves and most of them
handle events like what you called a custom application.

However some applications need to do a bit more, for example khotkeys should
receive events even when it doesn't have an active window.

I think this is done by using QApplication::x11EventFilter, but there might be
a simpler way in some KDE code, or maybe KHotKeys or a similar application
can be extended to do the logging for you.

So I return to my above suggestion to ask on kde-devel :)

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring