[kde-linux] hello

suneel kommuru kommuru_suneel at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 10 06:47:15 UTC 2007

hello everybody,
       I am suneel. I am a research student. As part
of my research work i have to work with the KDE. so i
want to know some information.

This is my Requirement:
 When a user is working with KDE(linux), different
types of events may generate such as mouse clicks,keys
pressed,wheel rotations etc. I have to handle those
events and log the event details to a file.

I read the online book "KDE develepment 2.0"- by sweet
.
I understood how the events are handled for a custom
created application. But i didnt understand how these
are actually handled in a current working
desktop(KDE).

These are the questions which i am struggling with:
1. How the events are actually handled in a working
desktop(the internal process)
2. what are files that that consists of event handling
code
3. is there any built-in mechanasim available for
event logging in KDE

please help me in this regard.
or let me know where can i get this information.

                 Thank and regards,
                         suneel.