[kde-linux] two faced CD

Sylviane et Perry White spwhite at freesurf.ch
Wed Feb 7 14:52:33 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 07 February 2007 12:35, Peter Wiersig wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 09:19:31AM +0100, Sylviane et Perry White wrote:
> > On Tuesday 06 February 2007 20:09, Andrew Walbran wrote:
> > > What is the output of 'mount', when the CD is mounted?
> >
> > Thanks for answer, the relevant line is:
> > /dev/hdc on /media/GeTax2006 type subfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,sync,fs=hfs)
> > That confirms your guess.
> > Also the CD is "rw", could that play a role?
>
> No, fs=hfs is the culprit. Try "umount /dev/hdc && mount  -t subfs -o
> fs=iso9660 /dev/hdc /media/GeTax2006"
>
> Lookup the subfs documentation for tweaking the detection.
>
> > I still feel uneasy knowing Linux does not tell me the whole truth about
> > a CD (neither does M$)
>
> nor does the Mac.
>
> > Any pointers about that?
>
> Lookup the grafting section in the cdrecord/mkisofs documentation.
>
> Peter
Thanks a lot all,
 "umount /dev/hdc && mount  -t subfs -o fs=iso9660 /dev/hdc /media/GeTax2006"
does the trick,

I can now read everything on a CD without rebooting under M$,
although not all at once (well what do I expect?...nothing is perfect)
I'll read the docs and try to see if I can find a simple way to switch whthout
having to "su root"

Perry
--
BOFH excuse #427: network down, IP packets delivered via UPS