[kde-linux] Flash version 9 not working with Konqueror

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Feb 6 12:48:40 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 06 February 2007 11:38, David Jarvie wrote:

> I am using Debian (etch). I have seen the debian-kde thread, but since I
> have compiled KDE myself from KDE sources, I'm not at all sure that the
> distribution has anything to do with the problem - hence posting the
> message here. I tried using the Debian installer for flash, and then tried
> simply installing it manually. Both gave the same result as far as
> Konqueror is concerned. Neither installed the plugin into any iceweasel
> directory (although the Debian installer created links in
> /usr/lib/iceweasel (or something similar, I can't remember exactly), but
> the files were elsewhere. I made sure that the plugin search paths included
> the flash installation directory, and the search for plugins found the new
> flash files.

Very strange all these flash issues. I have flashplugin-nonfree installed for
ages, it upgraded the plugin to the 9 beta at some time and at the last time
to 9 release, but it always kept working. Currently Konqueror 3.5.5, Debian
SID.

Since you've compiled from source, can you check if you have the equivalent of
package konqueror-nsplugins installed?

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring