[kde-linux] Flash version 9 not working with Konqueror

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Feb 6 01:54:56 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 06 February 2007 02:50, David Jarvie wrote:
> I've installed the new flash plugin (version 9.0.31.0). It works with
> Firefox and Opera, but not with Konqueror (in a self-compiled KDE 3.5.6
> installation). I've done a plugin scan in Konqueror, and it shows up in the
> list of plugins found, with the correct path to the newly installed plugin
> files. I also tried removing the plugin, doing a plugin scan, exiting
> Konqueror, reinstating the plugin files, doing another plugin scan, but
> that didn't work either. Java and Javascript are both globally enabled. Is
> there any remedy?

There has been a similar thread on the debian-kde mailinglist. There the
problem has been resolved when someone found out that the plugin got
installed into a different directory than the old one.

But since you say it is being found, there could be a different problem here.

Which distribution are you using?

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring