[kde-linux] kmenu - most used applications

Bernt Christandl beb at MPA-Garching.MPG.DE
Mon Feb 5 15:12:45 UTC 2007

Hello,

i use kde-3.5.3 and from time to time (every 2 or 3 months)
i realize the following problem:

I logout normally and shutdown my machine (over the weekend).
Then after the next boot i see that my "most used applications"
are different from what they have been. They are back to some
entries which have been valid years ago. (Like opening xterms
on a machine that has been finally shut down long ago.)

Then when i try to find the string of the name of this no longer existent
machine somewhere in my directories, i fail.

Especially in .kde/share/config/kickerrc which i thought is the place
to look for these most used applications, i only find complete nonsense
under "RecentAppsStat".

But where is the correct place to look for these entries?

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Bernt Christandl