[kde-linux] K Menu->Log Out->Restart through command-line?

James Loughner jwrl at suddenlink.net
Sun Dec 30 05:30:21 UTC 2007

To stop or start a GUI session:
Go to a terminal normally ctrl-alt-F1 will do
log on as root
type init 3
this normally will shutdown the GUI
type init 5
this will restart the GUI
Log out as root
type exit

I said normally above since I don't know what distro and though most
will follow the init level rules there is no  absolute....

Jim