[kde-linux] Window placement

Ron Johnson ron.l.johnson at cox.net
Mon Dec 17 22:54:58 UTC 2007

On Monday December 17 2007 16:21:53 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 17 December 2007 22:09:03 Ron Johnson wrote:

> > > You're a star!  This does exactly what Ron wanted.  Simply
> > > open your Composer window, drag it to where you want it,
> > > then use your instructions to tell it to remember that
> > > position.  Great Stuff!
> >
> > Ok, must be more proof that I need glasses.  Or I'm dense.
> > What tells Composer windows to always open in the same spot?
>
> Open your Composer window and drag it to where you want it to
> appear.  Then click on the icon on the top blue bar > Advanced
> > Special Window Settings > Geometry > Position > Remember -
> you will see the coordinates already in the window when you
> select Position.

Thanks.  I'll keep using your original suggestion for now, but
remember this for the future.

(GNOME might be not configurable enough, but KDE is soooo hyper-
configurable.  [And as a Windows-at-work and former long-time-
GNOME user, I find that the defaults -- at least in Debian --
are "odd".])

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA  USA

"The President has kept all the promises he intended to keep."
George Stephanopolous