[kde-linux] Window placement

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Mon Dec 17 13:00:57 UTC 2007

On Mon December 17 2007, Anne Wilson wrote:
> OK, the place to experiment seems to be kcontrol > Desktop > Window
> Behavior > Moving > Placement.  I set that to centered, and a new message
> window did open in the centre.  I've shanged it back, as centered opening
> is far more likely to end up behind something else and leave me hunting for
> it.  There is already a problem with dialogue boxes opening behind other
> windows.  I haven't found the cure for that yet, but since it hasn't been
> so in every release, I assume that there is one.

yeah, they placement options don't do what i want them to do..
I see in the menu below that, Windows Specific Settings,Geometry, there is
also a placement checkbox, which also misses it. It has top left corner,
along with centered, but no bottom anything. When you get old, and wear
bifocals, I like my windows LOWER on the screen, especially when I have a
larger 21" flat screen running 1680X1050.
I guess that would go under feature request...

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800