[kde-linux] Window placement

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 17 12:41:25 UTC 2007

On Monday 17 December 2007 11:42:09 Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On Mon December 17 2007, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > In my case it's always in the top left-hand corner.  Somewhere in
> > kcontrol there is a setting for remembering the position of windows.
> >  Perhaps that's where the problem is?
>
> in my case, I usually open up 2 konsole windows when I log in, the first
> opens up in the upper left corner, the 2nd in the upper right corner. I
> always pull them down to the bottom of my screen, and I wish they would
> reopen there, but they don't.

OK, the place to experiment seems to be kcontrol > Desktop > Window Behavior >
Moving > Placement.  I set that to centered, and a new message window did
open in the centre.  I've shanged it back, as centered opening is far more
likely to end up behind something else and leave me hunting for it.  There is
already a problem with dialogue boxes opening behind other windows.  I
haven't found the cure for that yet, but since it hasn't been so in every
release, I assume that there is one.