[kde-linux] cannot connect to digital camera via USB

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 4 11:22:45 UTC 2007

On Monday 03 Dec 2007, Kevin Kempter wrote:
> On Saturday 01 December 2007 19:28:09 david wrote:
> > Kevin Kempter wrote:
> >
> > I would go with the flash reader instead - they're very low priced. I
> > have one that reads about 8 different card formats, and Linux has no
> > problem with any of them.
>
> Good advice. Which one are you using?
>
> > Another reason to use an external reader is that when you plug into your
> > camera, your camera is using its battery - sometimes at a prodigious
> > rate - and you could easily have the camera battery die while you're
> > using it.

I'd go along with the advice to use a flash reader,  Battery dying on camera
during downloading could, I think, cause corruption, possibly making the
camera's flash memory unusable.

I've used several readers, including a front panel multi-format reader and a
tiny usb xD reader.  None gave me any problems.