[kde-linux] using System Monitor or KSysguard applets in FluxBox

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Wed Aug 29 11:09:01 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 29 August 2007, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
> I have KDE installed, but use Fluxbox to keep things light. I'd like to
> have a small system monitor (CPU and disk) running in the Slit, and like
> the KDE applets since I use them on my main desktop. Is there any way to
> use them in Fluxbox?

The applets need Kicker as a host application, they are basically just Kicker
plugins. Though you don't need to use any other Kicker things, e.g. remove
the K-Menu button, etc.

However, it might be more appropriate to have a look at SuperKaramba or
gkrellm

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring