[kde-linux] active desktop borders and virtual desktop orientation

Paul Kaplan pkaplan1 at comcast.net
Sun Aug 19 11:52:52 UTC 2007

When active desktop borders is enabled, moving the mouse to the edge of the
screen causes the mouse to move to an adjacent virtual desktop.

What determines how the multiple desktops are oriented relative to each other?

For example, on some machines I've had 4 v-dts and only the left and right
desktop borders were active creating the appearance that the 4 dts were
arranged side by side (4 wide x 1 tall).   On other machines the same 4 v-dts
are arranged in a square (2 wide x 2 tall) so that both the top/bottom and
left/right borders are active.  In the latter orientation, I can't move
directly from dt1 to dt3 since they don't share a common border, only a
corner.

Paul