[kde-linux] Fwd: Login oddity

Sergey Kulikov flux at hotbox.ru
Sat Aug 18 13:23:59 UTC 2007

Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Friday 17 Aug 2007, vt wrote:
>> On Friday 17 August 2007, Anne Wilson wrote:
>>> You're right, of course.  Sergey does send html.  I agree with asking
>>> people not to, but do feel strongly that at the same time we should give
>>> a reason. Otherwise we just come over as bigots.
>>>
>>> Anne
>> For safety reasons. Sure,  good e-mail clients show us only html source
>> instead of executing it. Here comes second reason - if using safe e-mail
>> client you are forced to click somewhere to see what it has to show.
>> Annoying. Especcially, when there is no reason to use html - just added
>> line or two to original message (that were plain text).
>>
> I would add that many people set their client to display only plain text, so
> if the html looks a real jungle, and it usually does, the message doesn't get
> read by many people.  Consequently less aid is available.
>
> Anne

Okay. I was completely shocked when I saw the discussion about the reply
I made... last week probably... Y'all guys are pretty crazy that's what
I observe. lol. And of course, I won't write HTML-formatted emails no
more. And I guess kde-linux was made to discuss questions bout KDE in
Linux and nothing else.

Regards,
Sergey