[kde-linux] Konqueror 300 char limit when " éèà "

Sylviane et Perry White spwhite at freesurf.ch
Sat Aug 11 11:39:29 UTC 2007

Hi,

I took me a while to figure that out.

Unless the file name has a .txt extension, Konqueror finds "unknown file type"
for a plain text file that contains both the following :
1) A paragraph of more than 300 characters between linefeeds.
	(actually bytes, "é" counts for 2)
2) An accentuated character anywhere on the page.
	(probably also other special characters)

This occurs both with Konqueror 3.4.0 using kde 3.4.0, Suse 9.3 and
konq 3.5.6 Kubuntu 7.0.4

Surprisingly it is the first time I encounter that bug after years using konq
and plain text files, I also failed to find any mention of that on the net.

I am waiting for some feedback before I report that bug.

greetings		Perry

--
BOFH excuse #123: user to computer ratio too high