[kde-linux] How Save Konsole Shell Schema

Etienne.Hilson at alcatel.be Etienne.Hilson at alcatel.be
Wed Sep 27 06:11:12 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 26 September 2006 17:08, Del Hanson wrote:
> I'm running Red Hat Enterprise 4 using KDE shell.  I have set the font
> and background color in a Konsole Shell window and saved it as a schema
> and saved it as my default.  Any other Konsole shell window I open
> during the current login session comes with my schema.  However, when I
> log out and log back in the Konsole shell window comes up with the
> system default background color and font.  This happens whether or not I
> select the "save current settings" on log out.  The Konsole shell window
> also forgets the directory I was at in each shell window. How do I get
> the Konsole shells ot remember my schema and the directories I left them
> in, so, when I log back in, I'm right where I was before I logged out?
>
> Thanks,
>        -- Del

I cannot answer you about the directories, but I can about the schema :
It is not possible to set it as default with the menu (Settings->Set as
default), but there is another way :
Go to the Settings->Configure Konsole
->Session
Select Linux Console and set the schema you want in the bottom right,
then select Shell and set the same schema you want as default one.
That's it :-)

Etienne