[kde-linux] Kmail suggestions

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu Sep 21 09:52:01 UTC 2006

On Thursday 21 September 2006 05:49, Rick wrote:
> had to re-installed Kubuntu knot 3 since knot 2 had a problem,
> (knot 3) has some issues with xserver-xorg-core driver, however
> the problem is that KMail needs some improvements in the following area.
>
> 1: Local Backups via KMail. ( be able to backup to another hard drive, or
> other media.

Hmm, you can always create an archive of your mail directory

> 2. Export Messags, (as single text files with subject header as file name.

File -> Save As or Save As in the message's context menu

> 3. I know the messages are in maildir format, however, if KMail could
> use sqlite 3 database as its backend, (plus) with #1 &  #2 this would be
> very good, plus the blazing speed of sqlite db.
>
> 3a. then doing complex search strings threw 700,000 messages, would take
> seconds.... be able to do reports... export out database via  report
> editor.

The PIM infrastructure for KDE4 will, if I understood correctly, have an
abstraction of the actual storage, so I guess it will be possible to
implement it with a database backend.

Cheers,
Kevin
--