[kde-linux] Merging KMail mailboxes

John Andersen jsa at pen.homeip.net
Sat Sep 16 19:39:33 UTC 2006

On Saturday 16 September 2006 09:30, JCA wrote:
>  I have two KMail mailboxes, on two different machines,

You should not pop the same sources from different machines
UNLESS one machine leaves the mail on the server and
lets the other machine remove it.  Even then, if the machine
that removes the mail gets there first the one that leaves
it will miss messages.

This is what imap is for.  If you have the option, switch to
imap instead of pop.  Kmail handles Imap very well.

As for consolidation, the best bet is to stop using two
machines, but if you can't do that then set one to
leave the mail there.  As to getting the contents of the
two machines to match, I know of no automated method.

--
John Andersen