[kde-linux] KDE desktop <--> console

Marcelo Magno T. Sales marcelo.sales at sefaz.pe.gov.br
Mon Sep 4 15:11:35 UTC 2006

Em Sábado 29 Julho 2006 18:30, Felix Karpfen escreveu:
> Currently the KDE desktop is loaded by default in my Debian 3.1
> environment and everything works well.
>
> However, there are occasions when I need to work from the
> command-line (e.g. for new installs that might clash with existing
> loaded files).
>
> I have found that "Ctrl+Alt+F1" gets me to the console.  But how do I
> get back to the KDE desktop?

Normally consoles 1-6 are text consoles. You can switch to them using ALT+Fx
(if you're already in a text console) or CTRL+ALT+Fx (if you are in a
graphical console). Consoles 7 and above are graphical ones. Your KDE is
probably running in console 7, which can be reached by typing ALT+F7 (if
you're in a text console) or CTRL+ALT+F7 (if you're in other graphical
console).

[]'s
Marcelo