[kde-linux] Help needed with Konsole

mick mick.durkin at napierdeltic.demon.co.uk
Mon Oct 30 17:01:49 UTC 2006

Hi,

I recently installed Fedora Core 6 and have had a few teething troubles. Most
have now been sorted out, but one issue remains. I am not sure if it is
related to the Fedora install or if I broke something in KDE myself.

Whenever I launch Konsole, either from a button or from some command line I
always get a root session (which expects me to input the root password).

I can't see what causes this, but I can, for example, open a terminal window
in Konqueror, which clearly shows I am running as my normal user. From there,
if I launch xterm at the command line, it comes up as my normal user, but if
I launch Konsole it comes up as root.

I have been running KDE/Fedora successfully for over a year, so I know that
this is a recent failure.

Can anyone suggest what to do next?