[kde-linux] svn kioslave question

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 09:44:07 UTC 2006

Thank you very much for your helpful reply.

On 27/10/06, Andrew Walbran <qwandor at gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you have kdesvn installed? This is the kpart that allows you to browse a

I didn't have kdesvn installed (I was using kdesdk-kio-plugins, which,
according to the description was a "subversion io slave for KDE"; I'm
not sure why there are two such slaves, but I guess I had chosen the
wrong one). I have now replaced kdesdk-kio-plugins with kdesvn.

> Subversion repository. If so, open the repository (with the svn kioslave) or
> a working copy in Konqueror, then go View->View Mode->SVN client or use the
> toolbar button. You will then have some more toolbar buttons and a Subversion
> menu. Some functions can also be accessed by right-clicking on files.

So things are quite a bit better now that I am running kdesvn, but
still not completely right. When I am in ordinary "View detailed list"
mode, things seems pretty sensible, but when I go to "SVN client" mode
as you suggest, I can't figure out how to view the contents of a file.
It seems that single-clicking no longer works to view a file, and
double-clicking produces the following error message:
  Could not start process: unable to create io-slave
  klauncher said: Unknown protocol: 'ksvn+svn'

I can view a file in ordinary "detailed list" mode as usual by
clicking on a file, so that's good; it just seems to be the "SVN
cient" mode that still isn't quite right.