[kde-linux] svn kioslave question

Andrew Walbran qwandor at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 00:35:39 UTC 2006

On Saturday 28 October 2006 9:09 am, D. R. Evans wrote:
> I use subversion repositories for lots of things.
>
> I have installed the subversion kioslave on my Kubuntu 6.06-1 main
> desktop system.
>
> So, having done that, where do I find some documentation on actually
> using the svn kioslave?
>
> After a bit of messing around, I got it to the point where pointing
> konq at a repository shows me the the most recent version ok, but I
> can't figure out how to look at things like older versions or lists of
> changes to individual files.
Do you have kdesvn installed? This is the kpart that allows you to browse a
Subversion repository. If so, open the repository (with the svn kioslave) or
a working copy in Konqueror, then go View->View Mode->SVN client or use the
toolbar button. You will then have some more toolbar buttons and a Subversion
menu. Some functions can also be accessed by right-clicking on files.

Kdesvn can also be run as a stand-alone application, or embedded in e.g.
Quanta Plus.

--
Andrew Walbran
website: http://q.geek.nz/