[kde-linux] The /tmp folder and its contents - what can I delete

Aphofis.com - Network Operations Centre noc at aphofis.com
Fri Oct 27 05:29:05 UTC 2006

My /tmp directory is growing with various logs and contains many other
files - Ordinarily I would have NO hesitation in periodically deleting
the contents of most /tmp directories
however as I relatively new to Linux I am concerned if this will cause
problems. I ask the same question about the /var/tmp directory which
grows and grows with significant impact to the amount of space its
taking up. There are a massive number of sub directories below /var/tmp
as well as an abundant number of files in that directory.

I am using KDE 3.5.1 Level "a" and my distro is SUSE Linux 10.1
Scott Couston
Nework Operations Centre - Aphofis.com