[kde-linux] HTML previews

albert.bradley at contractor.thomson.com albert.bradley at contractor.thomson.com
Sat Oct 14 01:08:02 UTC 2006

Thanks for getting back again....

I think this answer might work, but I'm having trouble getting it to capture from the window ID I'm getting for the Firefox window.  Note that capturing the 'previewtest' window DOES work.  (see below output)

???

Also, I notice that although firefox advertises -width and -height parameters for the command line, it seems to ignore them (on all platforms I have tried)

Thanks again.

  -= miles =-

----
[khtml-~/] export DISPLAY=:0
[khtml-~/] xlsclients -l
Window 0x2400005:
  Machine:  khtml
  Name:  previewtest
  Command:  previewtest
  Instance/Class:  previewtest/Previewtest
Window 0x160000c:
  Machine:  khtml
  Name:  kicker
  Command:  kicker
  Instance/Class:  kicker/Kicker
Window 0x2c00001:
  Machine:  khtml
  Name:  SoftwareUpdater
  Icon Name:  SoftwareUpdater
  Command:  SoftwareUpdater
  Instance/Class:  SoftwareUpdater/SoftwareUpdater
Window 0xe00001:
  Machine:  khtml
  Name:  Firefox
  Icon Name:  firefox-bin
  Command:  firefox-bin
  Instance/Class:  firefox-bin/Firefox-bin
[khtml-~/] import -window 0x2400005 test.jpg
[khtml-~/] import -window 0xe00001 test2.jpg
import: unable to read X window image `0xe00001'.
import: missing an image filename `test2.jpg'.
[khtml-~/]