[kde-linux] HTML previews

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Fri Oct 13 22:22:49 UTC 2006

On Saturday 14 October 2006 00:11, albert.bradley at contractor.thomson.com
wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I was able to get the previewtest application to run, but I find it's
> limited in the same way that Konqueror is, e.g. not being able to display
> certain flash (which FireFox is able to display properly), and so on.
> Plus, the preview app seems generally not to render as well as Konqueror;
> it puts funny grey rectangles where the full-size konqueror window puts the
> correct graphics.

The preview is only suitable for previews :)
For better images you'll always need the output of a full rendering engine
and, if I understand correctly, if you also want plugin output, you will need
a screen capture

> One method would be:
> 1. bring up FireFox with the link, in a sufficiently large window size
> using -width -height 2. grab pixels
> 3. close Firefox
>

> #1 and 3 I could handle (say from java or perl);
> 2 (grabbing the pixels) is more problematic.

One of the ImageMagick commandline tools can do screenshots (full screen or of
any window). It is called "import"

Cheers,
Kevin

--