[kde-linux] Need Help installing KDE on Debian

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Fri Oct 13 04:38:54 UTC 2006

I have Sarge installed and would like to install kde. However, the kde package
seems to be broken (as well as the gnome package).

These appear to be my options....

1. Install from source. But then I loose the advantage of apt-get upgrade

2. Upgrade to testing - that kde package seems to be OK. I really don't want
to upgrade unless I have to.

3. Install by hand? I tried taking all the dependencies from the kde package
page, and then added the next broken parts, and continued for a couple of
layers, but ended up with a lot of dependency problems.

Is there another way to get KDE installed on Sarge?

Thanks!
--
Mark Phillips
Phillips Marketing, Inc