[kde-linux] Mounting with exec flag

Boyan Tabakov blade.alslayer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 09:25:02 UTC 2006

On 28.11.2006 08:03, John Andersen wrote:
> Well, perhaps that the difference, I use SUSE 10.1, and it just works,
> without me having to do anything special.  I have read on the use list that
> KDE and GNOME have both taken over the mounting because having it
> done via any other means didn't work too well.  But how this is
> accomplished I'm not totally sure.
>
> Udevd is running on my box, but I have not had to mess with it at all.

Just a sidenote.
I am using SuSE 10.1 too, and things tend to work in general. But sometimes
you need a more specific (advanced) solution, and tweaking udev and/or hal is
really nice then. For example I hate that mount-by-volume-name policy
(absolutely irritating, when trying to locate your CD without the use of the
GUI), which is easily managed with hal rules and /etc/fstab. Or if you need,
say, mount your usb drive with some special options, and mount ALL other usb
drives differently, an udev rule, renaming the device node is just perfect.

And, yes, have in mind that this is a list, and a reply is not always in reply
to you alone, rather than to all reading the thread...

--
Blade hails you...

All I ever craved were the two dreams I shared with you.
One I now have, will the other one ever dream remain.
For yours I truly wish to be.
                                             --Nightwish