[kde-linux] Mounting with exec flag

John Andersen jsa at pen.homeip.net
Tue Nov 28 06:03:36 UTC 2006

On Monday 27 November 2006 04:16, Paulo J. Matos wrote:
> > So it seems we are back to your original question, how to mount
> > them so you can exec from them, and why does it work
> > for me, but not for you.
>
> Were you able to find anything on this? It's really not working with
> any of my USB devices. Do you think it is a KDE config problem of a
> UDEV config problem [if KDE uses UDEV info to mount devices) (I use
> Gentoo Linux)?

Well, perhaps that the difference, I use SUSE 10.1, and it just works, without
me having to do anything special.  I have read on the use list that
KDE and GNOME have both taken over the mounting because having it
done via any other means didn't work too well.  But how this is
accomplished I'm not totally sure.

Udevd is running on my box, but I have not had to mess with it at all.

John Andersen